Welcome to the Vanuatu Department of Labour and Employment Services website. We strive to make Vanuatu a safe and healthy place to live and work. Through its various units, the Labour Department attempts to reach out its services in addressing the livelihood of all citizens of the country, from remote settlements to urban areas, their safety in workplace, working wages and occupational health and safety practices for workers who are engaged in any form of employment.
The prime functions of the Department of Labour and Employment Services include a wide range of activities including:
- Tripartite Labour Advisory Council Enforcement of Labour Legislations
- Labour Market Administration including Temporary Labour Movement (RSE & SWP)
- Control of employment of non-citizens (Localization Policy)
- Industrial Relations
- Conditions of Employment including Wages and Salaries
- Occupational Health and Safety Inspections
- Full time commitment with International Labour Organization
- Employment Service Unit and Employment Services Centre (RSE/SWP & Domestic Market
We hope that you will find the resources that you need on our website. In addition to labour rules and regulations, the department offers a variety of free information on Employment Service Vanuatu (ESV), Health and Safety, Industrial Relations and Labour Work Permit. Take a few minutes to see if some of our services might benefit you. You also can reach us on the following land lines;
- ESV Unit – 678 3805
- District Labour Office – 678 2757
- Heart equator office – 678 3798
The Commissioner has broad regulatory and enforcement powers including all labour officers to carry out the department's duties and responsibilities as stipulated under the Employment Act. Thanks again for visiting the Vanuatu Department of Labour and Employment Services.